Our week was okay, all issues thought of. I really celebrated my thirty eighth birthday yesterday (see extra on that under) and felt a whole lot of love. Ryan was touring (he returns at this time) however we chatted a number of occasions a day and I stuffed my week with common child commitments and likewise managed to get in some high quality time with buddies within the type of lengthy walks (my favourite technique to catch up!) and my girlfriends additionally came to visit and stunned me with presents and playing cards and treats after the boys had been in mattress on Tuesday evening.
I’m prepared for the weekend forward (plans embody a fishing derby and two soccer video games) and hope to seek out my means again into extra common running a blog subsequent week. Thanks for being right here.
Issues I’m Loving Friday
As I discussed above, my birthday was Thursday and it’s type of loopy to assume I’m 38 years outdated. In a single breath, I undoubtedly don’t really feel 22 anymore however in one other breath 38 seems like a real grownup, a real grown up. After I take a step again and take into consideration how I’m feeling at 38, the previous 2 weeks of grief not withstanding, I’d say I’m feeling extra advanced but extra comfy with myself. I really feel extra advanced in that there’s a lot extra I take into consideration that weighs on my coronary heart day-after-day however I’m extra comfy with who I’m, what I would like out of life, who I encompass myself with and the household Ryan and I’ve created collectively. That is actually one thing I’ll write a weblog publish about as a result of I’ve a whole lot of ideas about “rising up” after you’re “grown up” however I’ll save these ideas for an additional day.
As for my birthday, I spent it with our boys. (Ryan was really out of city on a piece journey however despatched flowers and labored on playing cards and surprises for me with the boys that he hid earlier than he left which made me smile.) I used to be purported to make my technique to Patterson Farms with the boys’ preschool for a day of strawberry selecting yesterday however the climate derailed our plans so we pivoted and stuffed the remainder of our day with wet day enjoyable: Board video games, selfmade ice cream, early pajama time and tales. It was a peaceful, uneventful day however it was additionally a superb day.
It’s been a scorching second since I’ve discovered myself as obsessive about a collection as I’ve turn into with the A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR) collection. It’s an outstanding mix of fantasy, drama, humor and romance (it’s steamyyy) and even though the second and third books within the collection are dictionary-size novels, I flew by way of them and didn’t discover one single web page or chapter tedious or mundane. I beloved each web page and really chapter and am making an attempt to tug out the fourth e book within the collection as a result of I don’t need the expertise of studying these books to be over. I do know I discussed the primary e book on this weblog a couple of weeks in the past however I can solely say the collection explodes and will get SO MUCH BETTER as you retain going. In case you’re on the fence about this collection, give it a shot and by the second e book, I’ve a sense you’ll be all-in on this one, too. I don’t need to share plot summaries in regards to the second and third books within the collection as a result of it might give away an excessive amount of however know my rankings for each the second and third books could be a strong A. Love, love, love them. These books have actually been a present for me particularly throughout a time after I’ve wanted an escape and just a little spark of pleasure in my life on the finish of the day.
It’s been 4 months since we moved into our new house and I’m so, so completely happy to report we lastly have grass. I can’t let you know how thrilled we’re to have grass in our yard as a substitute of messy purple clay, particularly with three very outdoorsy boys who virtually dwell exterior. We anticipated to have grass a very long time in the past however an unseasonably moist winter saved delaying issues. The timing of our grass appeared to coincide with hotter temperatures and sunny spring climate so we’re past thrilled to have a yard with mushy, lush grass the place our boys can play for hours and hours.
Our earlier house had a small yard on a big slope so it wasn’t superb, although our boys one hundred pc thrived in our earlier yard and spent hours in search of slugs and worms beneath all the rocks. An enormous a part of the rationale we bought the lot we did was for the flat yard and lake entry. House is the place we’re all happiest and Ryan and I mentioned having grass down and the power to truly take pleasure in our yard and land is pushing us into “Section 2” of our transfer into our new house: The surface period! We’re prepared for it!
Isn’t it bizarre how you end up gravitating towards sure music relying in your temper or what you’re going by way of in life? Elton John is my man proper now. I grew up listening to his music because of my dad and mom however one thing about his music is touchdown completely for me proper now. It’s not too loopy or intense. It’s not too upbeat or completely happy. It’s additionally not too miserable or unhappy. It’s only a good mix of nostalgic, comforting, lovely and peaceable.
A couple of weeks in the past I bought a make-up bag with adhesive letters on it for my pal Laurel when she came visiting. I really needed it to have numbers on it however the little boutique I visited didn’t have any numbers out there. (My concept was for her bag to have the room variety of the room we shared in our sorority home — Room 12 foreverrr!) Anyway, all of this lead me to finally Google to see if I might discover adhesive numbers which then led me to discovering a mega-pack of those adhesive letter stickers. I shortly realized I might purchase a bunch of them to make use of for future presents and tasks. I can see these being good for birthday presents (a mini backpack or purse for just a little woman), make-up baggage, trainer presents, mini tote baggage, pool baggage and extra. This discovery had me just a little too giddy (I’ve already made two makeup bags for girlfriends you might even see above) and am excited to proceed to place them to make use of for enjoyable customized gifting!
Under you will see that a recap of the highest 10 hottest weblog posts and your prime 10 favourite gadgets from April 2023. Hopefully it will show you how to uncover some weblog posts you might have missed or show you how to simply find an merchandise I’ve talked about up to now that received buried in weblog/social media mayhem.
High 10 Weblog Posts:
Your High 10 Favorites:
- TUL Pens (No lie, one other pack of those pens was considered one of solely two gadgets I had on my birthday “want checklist” when my mother and sister requested me what I needed for my birthday. These pens have formally claimed the “greatest pen ever” spot on my semi-ridiculous checklist of pens I really like.)
- Beauty By Earth Sunless Tanning Lotion (Clear substances, applies like lotion, appears to be like pure and doesn’t scent. My fav!)
- Diamond Painting Stickers (These had been within the massive youngsters’ Easter baskets this yr they usually’ve been a success.)
- Amazon Free People Dupe Jumpsuit (The crazy-comfy jumpsuit that appears similar to Free Folks’s Scorching Shot Jumpsuit!)
- Biggie Beads (I really like what number of of our children are obsessive about this stuff now! Our boys ask to do them on a regular basis.)
- Elk & Friends Glass Cups with Silicone Sleeves (The cups we received the boys for Easter. Dishwasher protected and the blue/grey/inexperienced shade set we received was lastly restocked once more.)
- Amber Glass Soap Dispensers (The dish and hand cleaning soap dispensers we now have in our kitchen. They’re lovely and have held up rather well — no corrosion! — within the 4+ months we’ve had them.)
- Instant Pot Air Fryer (Our countertop air fryer! We actually use this a number of occasions every week.)
- Dr. Brand Liquid Sun Shield (The sunscreen I put on on my face each single day. I swear it features virtually like a primer, too, and makes my make-up look higher after I apply make-up on prime of it. Additionally value noting: It additionally has zero white forged!)
- AGOLDE Parker Jean Shorts (I don’t know why these popped up as a greatest vendor since I blogged about them so way back however perhaps an outdated weblog publish gained traction someplace on the web they usually received some consideration? Regardless of the motive, I stand by these as one of the best jean shorts, particularly you probably have a booty and hips.)
Easy BBQ Meatloaf (This recipe will perpetually remind me of our engagement/early marriage days as a result of it was a recipe I made on repeat 10+ years in the past. It continues to be a fav in our home!)
Chocolate Chia Seed Protein Pudding (Aka what I had for breakfast 3x this week!)
Query of the Day
How are you doing? I’d like to know. Something thrilling taking place in your life? Any enjoyable summer season plans on the horizon?